Saturday, November 22, 2008

Christmas Season again?

Was indeed shocked when I saw the Christmas lights along Orchard Road. Couldn't believe that we are almost at the end of yet another year...




As I strolled along the streets with Gine and Hubby, started to "stock-take" what I have done over this past year:

Mum and Dad have left us for more than a year. Though we may have moved on, we still miss them, deep down in our hearts. At times, I do wonder, what will I be doing now, if they are still alive? Playing poker cards and teasing each other, right on my parents' bed? Or perhaps we are out having a big family reunion at some Teochew restaurant?

Well, sad that my siblings and I are not able to meet as often as we did previously, when Mum and Dad were still around. The number of dinner gatherings we had this year was definitely less than the days when we had our dinners at our parents' place within a month...

I have also changed my job - wouldn't say that its for the better but at least, I do not dread going to work anymore. Everyday now is a challenge, sometimes, even out of my control.
Health seems to have deteriorated, perhaps age is catching up on me (I definitely sound old!). Guess there is no eternity in life and we just have to remind ourselves this cruel fact every now and then....



Anyway, definitely look forward to the new year and enjoying more fun time with Gine, as she grows each day!!!



No comments: