Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Princess

Have been so caught up with work that I didn't even realise my blog has not been updated for the past 2 months..time really flies!



Took this photo during cousin's wedding in early October. It has been quite a while since I last attended a wedding dinner. Surprisingly, I was a little excited about the wedding, indeed.
Didn't even realise that my little princess has grown quite a bit. I count my blessings that Regine was quite an easy child to handle, since the day she was born. Sensible and independent.
Unlike other kids, she doesnt throw tantrums even when she does not get what she wants. Or perhaps, Mummy simply ignores her wails and cries...
At her age, she has already started helping Mummy with simple household chores - carrying her own clothes from service balcony back to the room, folding her own clothes, making the bed the moment she wakes up etc. Perhaps, she does take after Mummy, in one way or the other (though she definitely does not look like moi). I still remember how Mum left me home alone (when I was only 5 years old) during rainy days in the past, and rushed to fetch Greg's Mummy from primary school.
Regine definitely has a mind of her own, and you cannot simply make her change her mind once she has made her decision. Mummy always gives her opportunities for her to make her own choice and I definitely hope that she can make her own decisions, in her own life, as she grows up.
Just hope that she will stay as adorable as she is now, and always that popular among others (Even had aunty who commented that she looked so gentle and ladylike?? aka you xiu in Teochew).
If only Mum and Dad were still around, it would be such great fun to witness how Regine would have interacted with them...

No comments: