Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Brand New Start for Year 2009!

You can choose not to believe it but the last time when Regine had her hair cut was when she turned 40 days old...

Since then, Mummy Barney has tried to persuade Regine to cut her hair whenever we walked past those kiddy hairstylist shops or even tried to get my hairstylist to cut her hair FOC. Gine would just run away, shouting, "Don't want."

There was even once when Regine finally agreed to cut her hair but it was Mummy Barney who could not bear to cut her long soft hair and quickly brought her away before it was her turn.

Then, on the first day of the new year, we were at Mummy Barney's favourite haunt - Vivo. Gine suddenly came running to me while I was making payment.

'Mummy, can I cut my hair? P-L-E-A-S-E."

I was totally taken aback and did not know how to respond, for that split second. Then I saw Hubby smiling and guess there was nothing I could do but to nod my head.

Well, you can choose not to believe it (again!), but unlike other kids, Gine did not scream, shout or whatever! Guess she must have enjoyed her 1st hair cut!

I must say that Gine is a child who knows what she wants in life! Or perhaps cos Mummy Barney always let her have a choice?



Aunty amused by Gine's reaction - No cries but looking so serious.
Regine staring hard at the TV screen - Her favourite Barney show



A new hairstyle for the brand new year...

4 comments:

Alyson Rozells said...

omg!! haha!! finally man! :P
post more pics of her new hairdo.

soon all 3 of you can go to ken to get your hair done ;)

Mummy Barney said...

alamak, already posted. No new hairstyle, no rebonding, no colour or highlight.

It was just a trim!

Barlalee said...

No wonder she looked different when I saw her from afar at the childcare the other day. Thot it's her new uniform that makes the difference. Please convey to Regine that she looks very nice in her new haircut.

Mummy Barney said...

ah? not much diff what. Kept her fringe cos don't want to go through the hassle of trimming it every few months. Save money too..hee hee...