Saturday, January 3, 2009

My B(IG) Day!

When I was young, I always looked forward to celebrating my birthday...Mum wld use birthday parties to entice us to work hard and perform well in our studies. Unfortunately, I never get to have one, though I did well in my exams (don't ask me why, cos I never get the answer from Mum too)...

Still remembered that I had a week-long birthday celebration when I was 21. Firstly, with my family, then friends from primary school, secondary school and JC kakis, my university classmates, ex-colleagues etc etc...

As I grow older, this day slowly loses its importance, made even worse after Mum and Dad left us. At times, I can even forget about this day (especially the lunar date), only realising it when I started to think about the good times (and the good food) I had in the past for this special occasion.

Well, just glad that my closer friends still remembered this day this year. Received well wishes (even though there was no fanfare, no celebrations) and that was good enough for me. Greg's mummy tried to give me a surprise (though she failed) and I was contented to celebrate this special day, with a simple dinner, with my loved ones...




Perhaps its just that age is catching up and perception of life is now different...

No comments: