Monday, September 17, 2007

Chasing Monday Blues Away


Took half a day off today as Greg's mummy wanted to clear her time-off. Asked me along to watch 881 with her as one of her patients was so overwhelmed by the movie (can you believe it? She was still crying when she came to see Greg's mummy.) So Greg's mummy was curious over this movie and we decided to catch it on a Monday afternoon (Ha! Ha! Only Ah Peks and Grannies will catch movies on weekdays afternoons).

Guess both of us are not from the Ge-tai's generation. Well, only remembered ge-tai was put up at our parents' estate once or twice during our growing-up days (guess they didn't have the budget to enjoy this entertainment every year). For me, was in fact running to various 7th- month locations as part of my job responsibilities previously, interviewing donors, doing research etc. So, was able to relate to the movie more than Greg's mummy, I guess (Of course, I wasn't emotionally touched.)
After movie, had planned to go for pedicure. Greg's mummy backed out at the last minute when she found out that they only had slots to entertain 1 customer. So I decided to go ahead and gosh, guess I made a wrong choice afterall! (Should have gone shopping or to a cafe for some coffee and R&R).

The pedicure shop was located at Marina Square, Level 2. Have always wanted to try the services there as it looks comfy, with the large massage chairs, and impressive. Well, when my pedicure started, realised that the shop was owned by an Indonesian Chinese (Damn! Paying money to make them even richer!). Drinks are served and you are able to watch MVs while doing your pedi.

Supposed to have a promotion package for pedicure @ $36 during weekdays afternoons (Actually, not really cheap lo cos can get cheaper pedi at other shops!). Anyway, as this pedi session was not part of my initial plan, I wore covered shoes. In the end, had to pay extra $10+ for foot massage and another $2 for quick-dry solution.

Anyway, after my pedi was completed and supposed to have already dried, I started my shopping spree. Within seconds, could feel that my pedi has come off as a result of my covered shoes. Sprinted to John Little, which was having a sale, to buy a pair of slogs.

When I went back to the shop so that they can do some touch- up, guess what! The Vietnamese lady who did my pedi, did not bother to use cotton pads to clean up and re-do again but used her fingers to clean off the sides and just painted over my toes.

Well, guess this would be my 1st and last time patronising this shop for pedi services!

No comments: