Friday, March 7, 2008

Escalator Rules - Excuse me, I am just a KID!!


Took time off from work so as to beat the working crowd at the IT Show @ Suntec Convention Hall. Unfortunately, by the time we reached there (about 4:30pm), the place was already congested and we decided to head downtown to Ngee Ann City instead.

While on our way up to the 5th floor via the escalator, saw this ex-TCS artiste, Axxrew Seow who was standing right in front of me while Hubby was holding on to my less than 2-year old daughter, Regine's hand tightly, one step behind me. I kept turning myself around, making sure that Regine behaved herself and did not play around the escalator. At that time, was wondering why AS kept staring at us in our direction...

Just as we were about to go on to the next flight of escalator, AS started to talk to the guy who has been standing behind Hubby and Regine. It was until now that I realised they actually knew each other.

AS: Isn't there a KEEP LEFT rule for all escalators?
Guy: But he has a kid beside him.
AS: So what if he has a kid? What logic is that?

I was totally bewildered and perturbed by his comments as I did not even realise the guy behind us knew AS. Even if we did not keep to the left and you were in fact rushing off for some important appointments, don't you adults have a mouth that you can open up and ask to be 'excused'?

No comments: