Thursday, August 16, 2007

Jog Away Your Troubles


Was excited in the morning about my evening jog with colleagues. Guess it must have been the motivation from my new jogging shoes (luckily I bought this pair of shoes during the GSS as my old pair gave way during my jog last week).

Well, jogging in Botanic Gardens always brings back fond memories for me. Before I got married, my mum was the one who woke me up every Sunday morning at 6am (using sarcastic remarks about my weight or at times she will tempt me with 'breakfast at Katong' after jog etc) to jog.

Anyway, I wasn't feeling good at the start of the jog. Life is not always smooth sailing anyway. Troubled, or should I say that I was irritated. By certain people, by certain matters, by certain correspondences...the list goes on...Why is Life so unfair? Or perhaps this is what other people classify as 'office politics'?

To cut the long story short, the jog was indeed refreshing. Somehow, when I reached the Tanglin gate and made a U-turn, I suddenly sorted out my thoughts. The feeling was indeed beyond description. Or should I say, realise that life is short, why bother about these idiotic people who do not put in much effort at work, but manage to claim all credit in the world? Well, anyway, such credit does not mean anything to me at all. And yes, afterall, I did achieve my initial objective and goal: to get other people on their nerves and start to do some concrete work, for others, at least. :))

And suddenly remembered my Dad's previous advice: Its always better to have 1 more friend, than 1 more enemy...

Debbie Gibson's 'No More Rhyme' was playing on the radio, and somehow tears trickled down my cheeks, just dont know why, perhaps cos I miss my parents, perhaps cos I have never stopped believing in others, or perhaps I have never ever had this feeling before, just too many perhaps...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXkeuHZomdI

No comments: