Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Women's Intuition

Hubby came back from KL last Friday night and I was taken aback when he gave me this book as a pressie. Well, he was gone for just ONE day!!

"Why did you buy me a BOOK again?" I asked. Hubby always likes to buy me books but he also knows that I have never read the books he bought (HA! HA!)

"Why can't you get me a KL HRC T-shirt instead?" I added. Anyway, he just commented that he enjoyed reading the book and decided to buy it for me.

Entitled: "Feathers Brush My Heart" by Sinclair Browning. It comprises of many different true stories of mothers connecting with their daughters after death, how mothers send their children gifts from their afterlife.

Hmm..somehow felt that hubby was trying to console me in one way or the other, after my mum left us in early June. Just my intuition...

In fact, we have never really talked about it.

Well, as women, we are the intuitive ones. To quote from the book: It's important to trust the thoughts and feelings that you get. When you experience a feeling that tells you that your mother is around, honor it. Learn to trust your own intuition and feelings. To trust our hearts...

Anyway, I just started on the book (not much free time I have per day!!) and few days ago, Greg's mother sms me a poem she wrote:


Sometimes I sit and I stare
I think and wish life would be fair.
Everyone has a father and/or a mother
But now I have neither
One after another,
You left me without a proper goodbye.
The loss remains so great that life becomes hard to get by
When I see big families out for dinner and tea
That reminds me of our happy times and I would be green with envy
How sad it is that you are no longer around
So tough for me to now stand again when I fall to the ground.
There have been so many things I want to say
But I think you have gone very far away.

This is my sister's way of sending communication to my parents: to tell them that she misses them...

Just last week, I had a dream. Perhaps an afterlife gift that my mum has sent me. Dreamt that my mum cooked my favourite curry chicken (ma knows that I get excited whenever she cooks curry chicken or vegetable curry!) and said goodbye to me. And two days ago, suddenly woke up in the middle of the night, and had this intuition that ma has gone back home but found no one staying there anymore. (Sob! Sob!)

Well, just thinking aloud, does each and every woman has an intuition? Hmm...I doubt.

But on the other hand, I am just glad that hubby does have intuition, sometimes, at least....

1 comment:

Barlalee said...

So sweet of your husband to buy you that book. You must also cherish him by finishing it up . Did you say that he enjoyed reading it, then beware cos he might test you on it leh! Study hard, gal.